The MedDataNet Network, and its related products and services, have been designed as preventative medicine
tools for any one with a chronic illness, particularly if they have a medical emergency.
Medical studies have shown that a critical aspect of preventative medicine
in a medical emergency is having rapid access to a person’s medical history, medical data and
Why is preventative medicine in a medical emergency so important?
National Institute of Health (NIH) Statistics show that approximately 90% of all ER treatment is done
without access to a persons’ medical data, medical history and prescriptions.
This lack of access to medical data in an emergency is one of the largest causes of medical errors
in the ER. Statistics show that a person taking 1-3 prescriptions has
a 35% chance of an Adverse Drug Interaction (ADI) as a result of a
drug administered by the ER. For people taking more than 3 prescriptions
the chances of an ER induced ADI increase to 60% and, of those people,
22% require a lengthy hospital stay with the average cost being over $18,000 per
Statistics also show that access to medical data and history has many positive benefits in the ER, including:
NIH statistics conclusively prove that having personal medical history, current clinical tests, and prescriptions can greatly increase your chances of a positive outcome and survival in an emergency rooms situation.
- greatly reducing the probability of an ER induced Adverse Drug Interaction (ADI)
- greatly reducing the time to properly diagnose and treat diabetic seizures, shock and comas
- greatly reducing the time to properly diagnose and treat heart attacks, arhythmias, and other heart conditions
- greatly improving diagnostic accuracy, patient treatment and patient outcome
- greatly reducing overall treatment costs (up to 70% reduction), the probability of a hospital stay, and the length of a hospital stay.
The MedData Network™ represents a convenient and affordable preventative tool which could save your life, or the life of a love one.